Yes! off-roading for everyone…with Swincar’s adaptive off-roading capabilities.
2020 was the ‘year of accessibility’ for Swincar. The year saw the introduction of so many new developments for drivers with adaptive needs, we thought it would be worthwhile to do a quick summary of everything you can do to make your Swincar work for you, or someone you know that may need to customize their controls.
Original mobility features:
1. The pendulum design and articulating swingarms keeps you upright and driving with ALL FOUR WHEELS ON THE GROUND. (Disclaimer: Rollovers are still possible – drivers with limited mobility should take any and all relevant precautions – but they are FAR less likely in Swincars than in any other off-road vehicle on the market.)
2. Every vehicle comes equipped with hand-controlled braking and acceleration. Also, the thumb throttle can easily be moved to the right or left side of the formula one-type steering wheel.
3. Telescoping tie rods on the swing arms make for easy transfers to and from wheelchairs.
4. The reclining rallye seat has a deeper seat pocket than our standard seat, with higher hip guards – really minimizes potential to slip out of the seat for those with less muscle control below the wais
If you’ve been with us for a while, the features listed above are old news for the Swincar. These functions have been a part of Swincar since the beginning, and they work really well for drivers with good upper-body mobility. The goal in 2020 was to open Swincar driving to people without full upper-body mobility!
So here’s the new stuff:
5. The Push-Pull Steering Module
Great for folks without the finger strength or dexterity to safely operate the standard hand brakes and throttle. This option allows drivers to control their speed by pulling and pushing the steering wheel towards and away from them.
6. Power Steering
This option is going to significantly reduce how much work your shoulders have to do to control your Swincar. The power steering module makes for an easier driving experience and even reduces the “degrees to turn,” which means you don’t need to turn the steering wheel quite as far to execute sharp turns.
7. Enhanced Battery Gauge
For drivers with reduced mobility, running out of power out in the woods is a true safety concern. Swincar’s new enhanced Battery Monitor gives the driver a large visual display showing how much power is remaining, to help ensure you head to a power supply for a re-charge in plenty of time.
8. Joy Stick Configuration
This option is for our off-road travelers with very little upper-body mobility. You don’t have to worry about a steering wheel, you don’t have to worry about hand brakes. Just a joystick. It’s the simplicity of a powerchair, with all the capability and independence of a Swincar. So it’s way more power and way less chair.
Everybody’s different, and the engineers at Swincar are never done tinkering, but these developments are going to redefine mobility and outdoor recreation for ALOT of people. We couldn’t be more excited to get more people into our eco-friendly and highly adaptive off-roader!
Give us a call or shoot us a message if you want more details about some of the new options for Swincar’s adaptive off-roading capabilities.
# # #
SwincarUSA is a network of dealers, eco-tour operators, service centers, and independent sales agents created by Adventure Sports Innovation, the first U.S. Swincar fleet operator since 2018, and now the exclusive Swincar distributor in North America, enabling purchasing of Swincars in the USA and Canada.
Adventure Sports Innovation (ASI) brings to market the latest inventions and innovations for outdoor experiences, sourced from inventors and manufacturers around the world to Chattanooga, TN. ASI is proud to be the North America distributor for the Swincar, offering tours, Swincar sales for individuals and fleet owners, parts and service, and even Dealer startups within North America.
Tel: (423) 225-4300 & Address: 191 River Street, Chattanooga, TN 37405
Website: SwincarUSA.com Mail: Info@adventuresportsinnovation.com
About Adventure Sports Innovation
Adventure Sports Innovation (ASI) is proud to be the distributor for the Swincar throughout North America and are working to expand Swincar’s presence throughout the USA and Canada.
ASI offers a variety of Tours and test drive rides for all abilities. ASI’s primary riding destination is at Reflection Riding Arboretum and Nature Center, close to downtown Chattanooga, with over 300 acres of forest and trails climbing the side of the iconic Lookout Mountain. Other off-road venues are available for private tours. ASI has Swincars equipped for drivers with adaptive needs, and can organize group events featuring the Swincar, or even arrange for private tours on your own property.
ASI is a full-service dealer, distributor, and authorized service center for Swincar in the USA.
- For individuals looking to purchase a Swincar in the USA, vehicles can be picked up at our Chattanooga, TN facility, or we can provide delivery service of a crated Swincar to your location, along with remote training on safe operations and vehicle care and maintenance.
- Fleets: ASI is excited to help create fleets of Swincar touring vehicles around the country. We can sell Swincar fleets, and support fleet operators anywhere in the USA, and will provide specialized training to fleet owners. Turnkey support programs are available to help entrepreneurs launch new eco-touring operations!
- ASI generally keeps several new vehicles in stock in our Tennessee warehouse for quick fulfillment of customer orders, or can custom order vehicles from Swincar France as needed, generally with 4 to 8 week production time, plus shipping and transit time. ASI will arrange all shipping and import details and can arrange delivery to a customer’s location.
- For options, pricing, availability shipping or other details, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or check our website at com
- For individuals looking to purchase a Swincar in Canada, we have created our first dealer in the country, located in Calgary, Alberta. Their primary territory is western Canada, but they are willing to consider helping to import vehicles for customers around the country. Feel free to consult directly with ElecDrive. Phone is 587-434-6701, and their website is Elecdrive.CA