Yes! off-roading for everyone…
2020 was the ‘year of accessibility’ for Swincar. The year saw the introduction of so many new developments for drivers with adaptive needs, we thought it would be worthwhile to do a quick summary of everything you can do to make your Swincar work for you, or someone you know that may need to customize their controls.
Original mobility features:
1. The pendulum design and articulating swingarms keeps you upright and driving with ALL FOUR WHEELS ON THE GROUND. (Disclaimer: Rollovers are still possible – drivers with limited mobility should take any and all relevant precautions – but they are FAR less likely in Swincars than in any other off-road vehicle on the market.)
2. Every vehicle comes equipped with hand-controlled braking and acceleration. Also, the thumb throttle can easily be moved to the right or left side of the formula one-type steering wheel.
3. Telescoping tie rods on the swing arms make for easy transfers to and from wheelchairs.
4. The reclining rallye seat has a deeper seat pocket than our standard seat, with higher hip guards – really minimizes potential to slip out of the seat for those with less muscle control below the wais
If you’ve been with us for a while, the features listed above are old news for the Swincar. These functions have been a part of Swincar since the beginning, and they work really well for drivers with good upper-body mobility. The goal in 2020 was to open Swincar driving to people without full upper-body mobility!
So here’s the new stuff:
5. The Push-Pull Steering Module
Great for folks without the finger strength or dexterity to safely operate the standard hand brakes and throttle. This option allows drivers to control their speed by pulling and pushing the steering wheel towards and away from them.
6. Power Steering
This option is going to significantly reduce how much work your shoulders have to do to control your Swincar. The power steering module makes for an easier driving experience and even reduces the “degrees to turn,” which means you don’t need to turn the steering wheel quite as far to execute sharp turns.
7. Enhanced Battery Gauge
For drivers with reduced mobility, running out of power out in the woods is a true safety concern. Swincar’s new enhanced Battery Monitor gives the driver a large visual display showing how much power is remaining, to help ensure you head to a power supply for a re-charge in plenty of time.
8. Joy Stick Configuration
This option is for our off-road travelers with very little upper-body mobility. You don’t have to worry about a steering wheel, you don’t have to worry about hand brakes. Just a joystick. It’s the simplicity of a powerchair, with all the capability and independence of a Swincar. So it’s way more power and way less chair.
Everybody’s different, and the engineers at Swincar are never done tinkering, but these developments are going to redefine mobility and outdoor recreation for ALOT of people. We couldn’t be more excited to get more people into our eco-friendly and highly adaptive off-roader!
Give us a call or shoot us a message if you want more details about some of the new options so that off-roading for everyone is closer and closer every day…
# # #
Swincar USA is a network of dealers, eco-tour operators, service centers, and independent sales agents around the country. Built around Adventure Sports Innovation – the first Swincar fleet operator and now distributor in the U.S. For more information about the manufacturer, go to Swincar.net We work together to show America that off-roading can be quiet, low-impact, emission-free, and SO. MUCH. FUN.